Altered Playing Card Challenge and Getting Packed to Go!

Hi Everyone!  Since my last post I have been busy getting lots of art stuff ready to take on holiday for my 3 day catch up with my AFA New Zealand and Australian Friends which has included me stamping out and cutting up 100 x ATC Backs, and cutting up ATC Blanks along with preparing kits for the two classes I am teaching whilst there.

I will be teaching my Spring Topper and Paper Doll Christmas Angels.


I did however also manage to find time to join the fun of the Altered Playing Card Challenge being hosted by Claudine over on her blog.



Week 1 was to prep your playing cards by sanding and/or adding Gesso and for Week 2 Claudine shared cards created by using Spray Inks to create her background.

Here's a look at my two cards using Dylusions Spray Inks for my Backgrounds.


This Tim Holtz Quote Stamp was already out on my Desk and is so true!   I would drink to that hence my cute choice of collage image.


This bird stamp was also out on my desk from another project.  I added a little texture to the top half of the card background using a handmade stamp and a green ink  My word Fly was stamped on white then colored with Gelatos using a waterbrush.  

Around the edges of both cards I have used a checked border stamp by Dylusions.  I colored in some of the squares with a White Posca Paint Pen.

This is definitely going to be my last post before we fly out on Friday.......but I will try and do a post or two while we are away and I have a post going live a little later next week for Altered Pages where I will be using my Pan Pastels to create a fun journal page dedicated to my love of coffee.

Have a great week!

7 comments:

Craft Paper said...

Those background colors are gorgeous! Have a good trip!!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Danie, I love each and every one but the sentiment about art really rings true! I LOVE your use of color! I'm sorry you have all been sick - btdt - but glad you are on the mend and just in time for trip! Have a wonderful time! ♥

Lynn McAuley said...

Remarkable work on these gorgeous tags and delightful altered cards! So many sensational details on your exquisite work, Danie!

Have an awesome time on your trip!

Becky said...

wow, these are awesome! What an awesome idea!

Tammy said...

Amazing ATC and such great color combos and textures! Have a wonderful trip, safe travels!

Diane said...

Awesome designs and colors.

Hugs Diane

Salla said...

Hi Danie! I love your new blog layout! And your cards, too, as always. I hope you have a super fun time at the AFA Australia/New Zealand meet!