Sizzix Big Shot Top Note Meets Haiku

I used the beautiful Citrus Colours of the Haiku DSP by Stampin' Up! for the base of a very simple card Thank You Card design today which I made to demonstrate the Top Note Die for someone who had just purchased the Sizzix Big Shot Machine. 



This particular die is so versatile for card making.  The die has a beautiful label shape with decorative edge and a pierced stitch line.

Because I was demonstrating using my customers papers/cardstock, we used a textured olive cardstock for our base card and a neutral cardstock colour (both non Stampin' Up!) to cut out our die and to stamp our image (Lovely Trees Stamp Set).

I did however have my Stampin' Write Markers with me so I used these which made the job of colouring in the image a breeze, we than simply used a precut oval of matching olive cardstock to stamp our wording (Thinking of You - from Teeny Tiny Sentiments by Stampin' Up!).

We inked all our edges with brown and used the same brown to go over the pierced stitch line to define this border and frame our image further.  We than mounted our Top Note Die with Stampin' Dimensionals and stuck this to the front of our card.

If you would like a demonstration or further information on the Sizzix Big Shot Machine, the Top Note or any other dies or embossing folders which are exclusive to Stampin' Up! give me a call so I can arrange this for you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! Love the colors!

Karen said...

Don't you just love the Big Shot. Great use of the Top Note Die on this card

April said...

Quite the beautiful card. I just started embossing and find that looking thru blogs gives me sooooo many great ideas!

paige said...

You used so many of my favorites on this card: die, stamps, papers...love it!