Tangled Up In Creativity Card Challenge - Something Blue

I am a day early with this post, however this week I am playing host for the Tangled Up in Creativity Card Challenge. 

I can't believe where the time has gone, we are almost in September.  I have been kept quite busy of late preparing for our stand at the Alstonville Craft Fair this weekend and also making up 100 goodies bags for a fundraiser I am hosting for the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.  I will post more about this fundraiser in another post.
In Australia September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month as well as Fathers Day falling on the first Sunday, so with this in mind, my challenge is:

1.  Create a card using the colour 'Pacific Point' blue by Stampin' Up! or as similar a colour you have.
2.  Make it suitable for a male recipient
3.  Incorporate ribbon or the look of ribbon into your design.

This is the card I came up with this morning for this challenge.




Entries for this challenge will be accepted from August 24 - 30 with voting for TUC Group Members open from August 31 - September 2.  The winner will be announced on September 3.

Only entries from members of the Tangled Up In Creativity Blog Group will inclued in the poll to be voted for, and the person with the most votes will win a great prize.  However because we would love to see lots of entries from everyone, for the non TUC Members I will have a random draw for any entrants and you will also have a chance of winning some great goodies I have put aside.




13 comments:

Becky said...

Very pretty, love the blue brads.

Lynn McAuley said...

Thanks for the fun challenge, Danie!! Best of luck with your craft fair and your fun raiser!!

I will get a card created and posted later tonight!!

paige said...

Great card! I love the row of brads - nice touch!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Great challenge and card too! Good luck in Alstonville...I was married in Alstonville!

Tammy said...

Great card Father's Day, love the color. Good luck with the fair and hope you raise tons of money for a worthy cause.

Unknown said...

What a great challenge Danie! I will be burning up my craft table in the morning!!!!LOL I will be crying at the same time because my baby start his 1st day of Preschool! Have a great day!

Karen said...

Great challenge Danie. Good luck on your fundraiser. To host an event like this is certainly something you should be proud of.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Hi Danielle,
What a lovely Summer style card!
Julie

dawnmercedes said...

wonderful job!! now for me to get on the ball too! thanks for the challenge!

loretta said...

Very nice card, the shades of blue are perfect together!

Please come visit my lonely blog: Http://wwww.msrhetta.blogspot.com

Emkay said...

Great challenge and a great sample card. I hope I will get chance to play along this week.

Gardner's Basket said...

Super Great Challenge! I love your sample. Now to get the creativity flowing.

jimlynn said...

How wonderful that you are doing this! My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple of years ago - had implants - and is doing wonderful now! I'm really going to try to submit a card before the 30th!
Your card is just so pretty - guys cards can be pretty, can't they!!! Super job.
Lynn