Playing with new Stamps!

Don't you love it when you get some new stamps to play with.  I finally had a chance to sit down and ink up some of my latest Stampin' Up! Sets, for the two cards I am sharing today.

First of all however please accept my apologies for my photo quality.  It's still raining here in this part of Australia so the natural light has been quite poor.  We are of course very fortunate not to be living in parts of Queensland who have seen the biggest ever rainfalls and floods recorded in history.  Many regions have been declared a National Disaster Area with families losing their homes, crops destroyed, businesses waterlogged and the damage bills continuing to climb.  More areas are due to flood with the river catchments and systems full and not being able to cope with the deludge of water moving downstream.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected, as they come to terms with their loss after the water recedes which could take weeks.

The first card I am sharing actually uses one of the free hostess sets by Stampin' Up!.  It is called Punch Potpourri and is designed to coordinate beautifully with a number of the Stampin' Up! Punches.  For this card I have used the bird stamp to co-ordinate with the XL Two Step Bird Punch.  The other set used on this card is from the Summer Mini, and is called Itty Bitty Bits.  This set coordinates with a range of 3 new small punches and clear buttons which are also available in the Summer Mini.


The sentiment for this card is from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments Set and the DSP is from the Lap of Luxury Series from Stampin' Up! also.  The White Leaf Designed Cardstock is a new find I made with my good friend Julie at Time to Create and is from Bazzill.  It comes in a range of colours and embossed designs.  I brought about seven different designs all in white to play with.

The second card today is also using a new SU hostess set, from the 2011 Idea Book and Catalogue called Birthday Bakery.  I just adore the sentiment of "This is no day for just a sliver" and what says Birthday more than a whole range of delicious looking cakes.  I wanted it all to be a bit off centre and bright so I used as many bright colours as possible.  The small white punched cupcake is another stamp in the Itty Bitty Bits Set.




I still haven't managed to completly clean my craft room, it is a never ending work in progress so to speak. 

Be sure to check in here on Monday for the very first TUIC Challenge of 2011.  I am hosting one here and Molly at Miss Molly Creations is hosting another, so it will be twice the fun.

8 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Great cards Danielle,I like the, yes you've guessed it, the bird card best.
You are so right we with a lot of wet weather have nothing to complain about - it's an inconvenience not a life and death struggle as it is in QLD right now for so many.

Tammy said...

Fun cards. I especially like the cakes.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Great cards...I need to ink up the Birthday Bakery set too.

Becky said...

Fun cards.. I am loving the cakes. Seems every one is doing cakes this morning. :)

Unknown said...

I love new stuff! Great job with the sets!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Gardner's Basket said...

Very sweet cards! What fun to play with new toys. Stay dry!

paige said...

Great cards with your new SU goodies!

Lynn McAuley said...

What delightful cards, Danie!! I often have those "not just a sliver" days!!