Pages a Plenty for Southern Cross Kids Camps

One of my New Year's Goals this year was to use up some of my old papers and paper scraps, so today, I took a couple of hours out to create twenty 6 x 6 Scrap Pages to donate to the Southern Cross Kids Camps Memory Page Drive.

The Southern Cross Kids Camps are attended by children in the foster care system, most of whom have been victims of abuse, neglect and abandoment.  During the week they are paired up with an Adult Buddy who's number one priority is the child in their care.  The week is a time out for the child to experience true adult companionship and have loads of fun, in a safe and loving environment.  They get to experience activities they have never have before, like riding a motorbike, or going to the beach.  Each and every child also has their birthday celebrated on one of the nights during the week and recieves a birthday box which is filled with loads of toys, games, craft items and toiletries etc.  Items which are their very own to keep.

As part of the experience they are given a memory book to remember their week's expereinces, hence why the Memory Page Drive.

They have asked for pages to be kept quite simple, with just a photo matt and a journal box and/or a decorative element, and for pages to be more for boys or gender neutral.  I thought the page designs and colours I have chosen will fit the bill, whilst being bright and cheery.



The goal this year is for 11,000 pages and the half way mark has already been passed, as well as making some pages here at home, I am planning on attending a 3 day crop being held later this month also.  The organiser Julie has set a goal of doing 2000 pages over the three days, which will definitely push the SCKC closer to their goal.

Such a worthwhile cause and a great way for me to use up my older stash.



13 comments:

Unknown said...

They look amazing, Danie. Very groovy! A very nice way to add some cheer to these little lives. Good for you. XXmaz

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your pages look great Danielle. Thank you for your enthusiasm.

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a great cause and these pages will be perfect!

Miss Molly said...

Danielle - you are such a giving person - I really enjoy that about you - it is contagious! Have you thought about doing this for oe of your months on your challenge blog? If not, I would love to help out some way - please let us know!

Tammy said...

Wonderful pages all with a great layout. You should be very pleased with yourself. I know some little guy will be very pleased.

Becky said...

What a wonderful cause. Lovely layouts.

Karen said...

Your pages are indeed bright and cheery Danie. And what a wonderful memory of their week of being cared for.

ddazzled71 said...

Molly, the camps kick off in January each year, so I guess, the 2011 is almost coming to an end by the time February rolls around and they reach their goal. I haven't thought about it for my Challenge Blog, as it was designed more for the cardmaking. There are so many other causes out there to promote. I really appreciate the support the members of TUIC are giving me on all this. :)

Gardner's Basket said...

These pages are perfect! They are going to love it! The work you are doing for different charities is so admirable.

Emkay said...

So many great pages for such a worthy cause!

Kelly Spivey said...

Danie....how wonderful! =) What a wonderful cause and the pages you did are absolutely fun and beautiful. I know the kids will have a blast making a scrapbook page with them!

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome and meaningful project for these kids!

You are incredible, Danie!

Julie Richardson said...

I sent 30 today I was quite pleased with myself