First TUIC Challenge of 2011

Yesterday I travelled three hours and crossed the border into Queensland the Sunshine State.  Unfortunately of late Queensland has experienced everything but Sunshine with December seeing some of the heaviest rainfalls in the last 100 years and the number of towns being flooded is increasing by the day.  The initial flood area was bigger than the size of Germany and France combined, and now this has expanded further heading South with further bad weather predicted for the coming days.  Some towns effected were victims of recorded flooding only ten months ago.

My thoughts for my Challenge, the very first for the TUIC Blog group this year was to gear it towards Australia Day which is celebrated on the 26th of January.  The national colours of Australia are Green and Gold.  As I sit in Brisbane at my parents, surrounded by areas in flood and not knowing whether I will be able to get home later in the week as the flood waters and the bad weather moves South over the border into Northern NSW and my local area, ......the yellow of my sample card has me thinking of Sunshine.  How nice it would be to see it.......  if I can't see it for real I will have to incorporate this and other bright colours into my cardmaking to brighten the day.

So without further ado, my Challenge Criteria is to incorporate the Colours Green and Yellow into your card and to make a card only utilising Cardstock - no papers, no ribbon, no bling etc.  Only stamping and more cardstock, you can of course emboss, distress and cut cardstock. 

This to many of you may be a big challenge.......to others it may be quite simple.

This is my sample, it uses SU cardstock colours, Yoyo Yellow, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss and Melon Mambo.  I have cut our my sentiment panel with a Spellbinders Label Die, and handcut out the Vintage Vogue Stamped Flowers.



Again please excuse my photo quality due to the miserable weather and the rush in wanting to take this picture and do this post.

As normal there will a small prize from the entries submitted by the TUIC Blog Group Members and voted as the best, and also a randomly drawn prize for the entries from Non TUIC Blog Group Members.  You have until end of the month to post your card, and the poll will run for the week following this.

For twice the fun Molly at Miss Molly's Creations is also hosting a TUIC Challenge on her Blog.  Her Challenge will run for the same time period, you can check her challenge details out by visiting her blog here.

Looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations.



 
   

10 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

I'm on the side side. So when I was lying in bed, not being able to breathe, I started thinking up one of these cards. I sure hope you are safe!

Cristina said...

I hope you are ok ... the extreme flooding sounds scary. You are in my prayers and thoughts

OOOF this is a challenge if I have ever heard one. No ribbon.. no papers.. only stamping. Ahhhh I will have to see what I can do with those colors... I dont know if I will be able to particapate or not. We'll see:) This is a tough one for me.

Cristina
http://www.craftingwithcristina.com

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE your challenge! I will be starting today! Your card turned out great!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Miss Molly said...

Your challenge card is great! I love it! Stay safe!!!

KellyS said...

I am hoping you get to see that sunshine soon! Your card is beautiful!

Perfect challenge! I was already making a card with yellow, so easy to add green! :) It was hard not to reach for the ribbon though, so definitely a challenge for me!

Tammy said...

Great card, good challenge. Hope the sun comes up and it stops raining.

Becky said...

Wonderful card, lovely colors.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Hi Danielle,
I hope you are on your way home soon and we can catch up.

I am not sure if I have done this the wat it needs to be done.
Please let me know.

Your card is terrific and your challenge was just that!

Lynn McAuley said...

Finally got one done!! Thanks for the great challenge, Danie!

Becky said...

I can not believe I made it on time. :) This was a fun challenge. Wonderful card.