Vintage Summertime

One of the TUIC Challenges this month is being hosted by Bekky over at her Diamond in the Rough Blog, and her chosen theme is Vintage Summertime.


This is the card I came up with for her challenge using a Vintage Photo I downloaded off the net and some handmade paper I had from a class I did recently at Time to Create which was exploring the principals of Serendipity.  I added some other paper to this as well for a few more gold tones to match my flowers.  Other items used include Lace Ribbon, a Antique Brad, and Vintage Trinket Brads all from SU.  The Friend Sentiment I recently recieved as part of a RAK from my friend Jodi from the ScrapLounge, a small skeleton leaf and of course some bling.  I inked and distressed the edges.  I have to say this is so not my style, so I don't know if I like it or not......lol,  but I wanted to give it a try.

There is still a few days left to enter Rebecca's challenge, so why not check it out or check in on Christy's Blog, Lone Pine Designs who is also hosting a TUIC Challenge this month for an altered Notebook.

I am off to get some more challenge creations done, so until next time happy stamping.



7 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

HI Danielle,
This is fabulous ! You have really pulled all the elements together.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Great card...I'm still struggling with this challenge!

Becky said...

Fabulous card, and fabulous photo!

Tammy said...

Fabulous card, perfect summertime card.

paige said...

fantastic photo! Great summertime card!

Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful vintage design. Love those colors!

Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job! I really love the picture! Great vintage card. I wish I could take classes at Julie's...so does BEAN!

Jenn