Beautiful Feathers an Inspiration Challenge

Every week over at the ScrapLounge Jody from Stick N Giggle hosts an inspired Challenge by providing a photo and asks that you create a card or scrap layout using this photo for inspiration.





All items used for this card were Stampin' Up! Products and included, Natures Nest & Whimsical Words Stamp Set, Black, White and Gold Cardstock, Gold Embossing Powder, 1/4 Inch Black Grosgrain Ribbon.  XL 2 Step Bird Punch, Clear Rhinestone.  White, Black and Versamark Inks.


I created the card above using this weeks photo which was the beautiful feathers below


It was the colours of Black, Gold and White that struck me first, and was the starting point for my card.  The dots on the feathers made me reach for my Polka Dot embossing folder.  Whilst wanting to capture the texture of the feathers I was inspired to reach for my embossing powder.    The inspiration evolved from here to include the bird and nest as well.


7 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Totally Gorgeous!That birds rellies are singing in my garden right now!

Marion said...

Gorgeous, as always. Love the embossing, Danie. Off to add that stamp set to my wanted list...XXmaz

Lone Pine Designs said...

Truly inspired!

dawnmercedes said...

so clever...

Tammy said...

Fabulous!

Miss Molly said...

oh wow - beautiful feathers - on and off your card! :)

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great design with this wonderful bird and nest backed by your beautifully embossed feathers!! Excellent work, Danie!