Its all about Clusters this month on the ScrapLounge

Embellishment Clusters is the focus this month over at the ScrapLounge for our Technique Challenge.  You will find a great tutorial showing the basics of creating a cluster as well as some great examples from the Creative Team over on the forum, under the heading Monthly Technique Challenge.

Here is my example using an embellishment cluster.  Once again I am scrapping an old photo of my mother.  This one I am told was her on her eighteen birthday.......and is the second of my favorite photos of her.


I have used a variety of items to create my cluster, which include Chipboard Flowers that I have coloured with Ink.  Paper Flowers, Silk Roses, Skeleton Leaves, Victorian Crochet Trim, A strand of Pearl Beading, along with brads and bling bits for the centre of the flowers and a wooden heart button which I covered with Patterned Paper.

Also for this layout I have used my Very Vintage Stampin' Wheel across the background of my paper with Soft Suede Ink and punched each of the corners using a fancy corner punch.  I have used my Scallop Border Punch across the top of my Photo Matt, and the Sentiment ' Remember When' is from Just Rite Stamps.

10 comments:

Miss Molly said...

Danielle - what a beautiful picture of youre mom - and your layour does her justice!

Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful layout, gorgeous picture of your mom. What a great way to honor her. Your embellishment cluster is nicely done.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

This is really lovely Danielle. You are going to have lots of lovely layouts to display on your new walls.
Basic Grey works every time. Subtle and cohesive!

Lone Pine Designs said...

A really beautiful layout Danie.

Rose said...

What a gorgeous layout! It is so rich and beautiful!

dawnmercedes said...

Oh wow!! YOu need to frame this one. It's so loving!

Tammy said...

Very pretty cluster arrangement. Love the entire layout.

Unknown said...

Really love your LO Danie! What a precious picture!

Jenn

Karen said...

Absolutely beautiful Danie. You certainly captured the feeling of a cluster.

Lynn McAuley said...

This is so gorgeous, Danie!! What beautiful work with this treasured photo!!