Time for a Change - March Cybercrop Challenge at the ScrapLounge

March's theme for the ScrapLounge Cybercrop was all about Change.

This is where my whole thing for pink started this month.  The Challenge was to firstly change to using a shape different to just a 12 x 12 page, and then find words from or the title of a song which includes the word Change to use as your Title for the layout.



Don't Change a Thing is the lyrics from the song Don't Change by INXS which to this day is still one of my favorite bands.  They have recently released a new version of this song, so it came to mind straightaway.  I also chose to include the lyrics from the song This Way by Jewel for my journalling.   It reads - Love be still, love be sweet.  Don't you dare change a thing.,  I want to photograph you with my mind, to feel how I feel now all the time. 

I cut the shape from a piece of Echo Park 12 x 12 Paper that had the outline of this shape on it.  The background paper, journal box and title alpha is all from the Be Mine Digitial Collection by Echo Park aswell.  Because I printed the digital paper onto A4 cardstock it left room for me to stamp a design using my Vintage Vogue Flowers and a stamp from the Sweet Summer set both by Stampin' Up!  around the edges and finished with the addition of some paper flowers from my stash.

For the second layout we had to follow a sketch and then alter the to Black and White to post the picture into the Gallery on the ScrapLounge.  Here I am showing you the black and white version of the layout. 




The original colours were White, Red, Yellow with Black Text. It is a photo of my BFF and her partner Michael on their engagement. The title reads - The Start of Something Wonderful.

I will be back again in the next few days to share some of what is in store for April on the ScrapLounge, so I do hope you'll pop back again and visit.  Until then happy stamping/scrapping.


5 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Danielle this is terrific. Me thinks you are a scrapper now too!

Tammy said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL!

Becky said...

Wonderful layout, and such beautiful photos.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Both are terrific! I love the shape you chose for the first layout!

Kelly Spivey said...

Wow Danie....these both are just gorgeous!! Great job on the layouts. =) Love the pretty pinks of the first layout and the beautiful black/white combo of the second.