Gelling my Way to Christmas!

Hi Everyone, time to craft this past week has been a bit scarce so my blog posts of late have been too, but I did manage a few minutes to play with my Gelli Plate and made some backgrounds to make some Christmas Cards.

I have now missed two weeks in a row of linking of to WOYWW, so I thought I would share my desk today with you to start as it shows what I have been working on.


You can see the stencils I was using at the back, they are the Triangle Plaid and Honeycomb 12" Stencils from The Crafter's Workshop which are available at Altered Pages.

To the right of the photo you can see a couple of my completed cards, and in the centre of the photo are some Vintage Christmas Images from Altered Pages.


Here is a close up of one of my cards using my Gelli Prints and the gorgeous Vintage Images.

I had all the off cuts sitting on my desk from the above Gelli Prints so I used my Square Punch to punch out squares from these off cuts and joined a mixture of the designs together to form a panel which I then used to create some tags.


My first tag I stamped with one of my new Unity Stamp Sentiments and embossed in black.  I then layered this onto a red cardstock strip, and added some decorative border strips and layered all of this onto a card.



This same method for using up my Gelli Print Off Cuts was used to create my second tag which is my example piece for the current ELF Challenge over at Altered Pages Challenge Blog.

 For this tag I combined my Elf from a AP Collage Sheet, the red lettering from the Glitz Christmas What Nots Collecction, some Gold Ribbon from one of the AP Ephemera Packs and Gold Glitter from my latest Parisian Themed Mailbox Muse Kit.

I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend.

8 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Your cards look wonderful! It will be down hill to Christmas!

Tammy said...

Wow Dani, what beautiful cards! Love the gorgeous colors and lucious backgrounds!

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Danie, we've missed you during WOYWW..love the backgrounds, I am just getting the hang of stencils! Cx

MiamiKel said...

Great end result, Danie! Hugs!

Craft Paper said...

Gorgeous! I really like the backgrounds you make with your Gelli Plates.

Plum Crazy Valerie said...

I'm impressed these are lovely, especially love the elf card! Thanks for the inspiration.

toni said...

Fabulous cards, great way to use your gelli's x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Well done - fabulous cards!