Mary had a little lamb and so do I now.

Talk about getting this done with not much time to spare.  The current TUIC Blog Group Challenge is being hosted by Dawn (Sunnyside Up)), and it was to create a card inspired by the saying "March comes in like a Lion and Goes out like a Lamb".  This I am told refers to the weather in the States and the passing of Winter into the Spring, which is the reverse of what is happening here in Australia as we are now in Autumn.

Spring is my favorite time of year, as here it is in September which is also my Birthday so it was here that I started my creative process.  I wanted to portray the magic of spring, representing new life so I chose to use a image of a little lamb.......the only thing was I didn't own a lamb stamp


My problem was solved rather quickly though, I simply googled and found a delightful Digitial Image from Tiffany Doodles.  I stamped on gloss card sponged the background in spring colours  and then cut out repeated images of my lamb and layered them so he popped off the card.

For my background I used black cardstock to represent Winter which is such a stark contrast to Spring and embossed with the embossing folder Endless Drift to represent the wind.  Added a bit of glitter and bling to represent the magic and there it was.........my Challenge Card.

Hope you like it.

8 comments:

April said...

Danielle,
This is such a beautiful card! I love the background and the contrast of it with the stark black background. TFS!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Glad to see I am not the only one who was creating late this month.

Love the explanation for your creative decisions and the resulting card.
Hope you are having a terrific weekend.

Lynn McAuley said...

Great design with this sweet lamb, Danie!! Super cute card!! Love the sentiment!!

Becky said...

This is precious! Wonderful card.

Tammy said...

Wonderful card! Love your color choices.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Love it and the sentiment is just perfect with it!

Unknown said...

Great job! Your sponging looks like airbrush! Love the image! So pretty!

Jenn

stampingmommy said...

This is fabulous! The coloring looks like painting and all the dimension to that lamb makes it look like he is popping right off the page!