Party Party Party - Put on your Party Dress!

Birthday Cards have been on my agenda the past few days (orders for the shop) so today I thought I would share one of them with you which is made using Stamps from the May Unity Kit of the Month.

It is the first time I have used these two stamps (Sentiment and Image) but when asked to make a range of birthday cards suitable for all ages I thought this one would be a good choice for a young lady in her late teens early twenties, after all isn't life at that age all about putting on your party dress and having a good time.



Of course I used my new Tria Markers to colour in the Party Party Party Party Panel and the ribbon on the dress which I stamped and cut from patterned paper.  I love Basic Grey Papers and found a couple of scraps leftover from a previous project to use for both the dress and background.  The button, twine and ric rac are all from my scrap stash that is growing by the day.

Another first for me this week is that I am joining in the Friday Friends with Flair Link Up over on the Unity Stamp Company Blog.  This is where each Friday Unity Lovers can link up their projects to share.  Be sure to visit this link to see all the other wonderful Unity Creations by Unity Lovers, you won't be dissapointed. 

Because I have used Twine/Ribbon on this card I am also entering this card into the All Things Unity Challenge #35 Wrap it Up.  This is another great spot to find lots of Unity Inspiration.

I have been playing and creating so much this week (as well as a few other things) that I have a very sore wrist that is now making it almost impossible to craft.  It actually got me out of weeding the garden today, which I didn't mind but I don't think I will be doing to much crafting this weekend.  I will be resting up so I can attend my Terrific Tuesday Craft Class next week all fingers a blazing.

Until next time, thank you for stopping by!

  

24 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Love this party dress card.

Tammy said...

Awesome card Danie. Love the dress.

Erin said...

Your background and dress are beautiful!

Anne Tussing said...

Welcome to FWF!! Great creation! I love the lace that you put on the background of your card:)

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Oh Dani, too funny! Crafters wrist eh? I wonder if I can claim that too!
What a lovely card you have created in spite of your difficulties!
See you Tuesday!

Gardner's Basket said...

Great card! The background is gorgeous! Great job coloring.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Sorry to hear about your wrist...rest up so you can make more beauties like this one!

Gwen said...

Such a great card for that age, very pretty! Welcome to FWF!!

michib said...

Great work - love the hanger hanging from the twine! and welcome to FWF - I started a couple months ago, and am loving it!

jennifer mitten said...

Great card, love that lace!

Angie Blom said...

so so pretty.. love the lace background. great card.

Becky said...

This is so pretty with the lace background.

Ruby said...

This is a very pretty card.

Lisa said...

Good morning Diane! Thank you for your kindness regarding my Baby Blue :) It's always a treat to meet a fellow cat lover. Blue was & always will be, a VERY PRECIOUS light in my life. Words can't express how much I miss him. Life is far too short, especially for the beautiful little creatures we share it with. Hugs to you and Jester ♥ and ty again for being so sweet!
Cheers,
Lisa
PS... Your Party Dress card is FABULOUS!!!

Jen M said...

Great card! Those papers are gorgeous!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love the background you put with these images!

Jocelyn Olson said...

What a super fun card! The way you colored the sentiment looks so good. Love those stamps!

Unknown said...

Love the soft colors against the lace and dark contrasting ribbon!

Sarah said...

Love this paper--what a great card!

Toni K said...

Adorable card! Makes me happy to see it!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY card!!! That dress is perfect for a young lady.

lisa a.

sharon g said...

LOVE the lacy look!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous dress!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY GOOOODNESS! I love that hanger hanging from the twine--SO CLEVER! Great card--FABULOUS:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at ATU!