Just Like Nana used to Grow!

These beautiful hydrangea's are just like my Nana used to grow, well almost!  The only difference is her's were real in the garden and mine can only be admired on a card.  I just love this Hydrangea Stamp from Stampin' Up! it is one of my favorite go to stamps cos it is so versatile and I love colouring it in.

Upon getting my new Tria Markers earlier this week I immediately reached for this stamp to make up a couple of birthday cards.  Colouring in really is wonderful therapy.   


My first card also followed the Magical Monday sketch over at - There is Magic in the Air with Paper Cupcake Stamps Challenge Blog.  All items used except the flower bling and Tria Markers are from SU. 



My second card is made as a 50th Birthday Card.  I love the combination of colours on this one.   I used another piece of my Basic Grey Leftovers which was the same one I used for yesterdays Put On Your Party Dress Card for the Unity Friday Friends with Flair.  The Sentiment is using my Just Rite Special Occassions Font and Circle Stamper.

It turns out I will be doing a bit of crafting this weekend after all as we recieved some sad news yesterday that my Brother In Law's Mother had passed away in her sleep, so a couple of Sympathy Cards will be required.  Our deepest sympathies go out to Scott, his Step Father Toby and all the family, we are truly sorry for your loss.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this difficult time as we know her sudden and unexpected  passing would have come as a shock to you all. 

After recieving this news I visited a blog where a card read : - Nothing is worth More Than Today.  (Thanks for sharing Erin).  How true as we never know what tommorrow may bring.  Be sure to give all those you care about a big hug and tell them that you love them today and everyday.

Sending hugs your way today!  Thanks for being my blog buddy!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely cards Danie. Your colouring is awesome and the colours you chose are beautiful. Great work on the shading as the hydrangeas have real depth

Becky said...

Both of these are lovely, but love that second one best, very elegant.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are beautiful. Thanks, for joining us in tha Paper Cupcakes challenge.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

This is beautiful Dani. I think I will have you doing demos soon!

Lynn McAuley said...

What beautiful work with this gorgeous hydrangea, Danie!! My favorite card is the lace backed anniversary card!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards, love the colors and coloring. My sympathies to your BIL.

Gardner's Basket said...

Gorgeous cards! The recipients are going to love them. Your hydrangeas are beautiful.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Beautiful! I love to colour too...you're right it IS great therapy!