Cards in Envy - Lots of Layers Challenge

Hi Everyone! I promised I would be back with a second post today!   It's now time to reveal a new challenge theme for Cards in Envy Challenge Blog which starts today!

This fortnight we want to see Lots of Layers, 3 or more just to be sure.


I have combined this theme with the current Card Sketch for the July Unity Be Inspired Challenge over on the Unity Stamp Co Blog also.

I have stamped my chosen Unity Stamp onto an ivory colored die cut circle which I then added further color to the background with my Antique Linen Distress Stain.  The Papers are from Echo Parks For the Record Paper Collection which I thought had a cheerful, somewhat homely feel to them and I have distressed these a little with my distressing tool and inked the edges with my Distress Stain.  My flower image and hello sentiment are colored with Water Color Pencils.  The big button is from my ever growing button stash and I finished the card by adding some faux stitching around the main image.

For lots more layered inspiration be sure to pop over to the Cards in Envy Site and check out all the beautiful work from my fellow design team members.

11 comments:

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

I love the mix of spots and gingham and colours, they work so well together and make this a fun bright card. The image is lovely

Hugs Lisa xxx

Tammy said...

TErrific card! Love the yellow and red background and the polkadots get an extra nod!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Your card really does have the homey and happy feel. I really love the mixture of colors and textures. ~ Marilyn

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Cute card and love the colors. So fun and cute.

Scrapenabler said...

Such a cute card. I really like the yellow and red combo with the gingham and polka dots.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I like your layering Danie but it is not over the top! Agree totally too about your paper selection!

Zella said...

Love the papers!! Your card is lovely!!!

Lisa H. said...

awesome and cute! love the mix of patterns and colors. thanks for playing along AND congrats!!! you're our winner, check it out:http://www.theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/

Denise@DigiHaven said...

Ooohh I love this Danie. The colors are brilliant! Lovely textures too. xoxo

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great mix of bright colors for this fun flower image!! Wonderful layers, Danie!

dawnmercedes said...

My kind of card...colors, and fun!