Oriental Dreaming!


Are you a lover of all things Oriental. I am! There is just something about the tranquility, wisdom and beauty of this culture that draws me in. I collect Oriental Themed ATC's and today thought I would share with you a couple of Note Cards I have made using the wonderful background collages and oriental inspired images from Altered Pages.






The Altered Pages Collage Sheets I have used for this include
AP-2118 Year of the Dragon
AP-2205 Chinese Cherry and Bamboo
AP-460 Japenese Text
AP-314 Geisha
AP-1724 Collage Backgrounds Oriental


Japenese Yuzen/Washi Papers and Graphic 45 Papers from the Birdsong Collection have also been used on these cards. I had the Japenese Papers already in my stash, but Altered Pages sells these also in their Asian Dream Pack here.

Cherry Blossoms and Dragonflies are one of my favorite things related to this culture. To the Japanese the Cherry Blossom symbolizes the transient nature of life whilst to the Chinese it represents feminine power beauty and love. In most cultures the Dragonfly represents Good Luck, Renewal/Change/Rebirth and the power of life.


Here's a look at some of the Oriental Themed ATC's I have collected from crafters around the globe for my collection.



Hope you are having a Peaceful Week!

7 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

These are beautiful Danie. I too love oriental design. I hope one day to go back to Japan as it is such a beautiful inspiring place.
Hope all is good with you.

Lizzyc said...

These are stunning, there is such an elegance to oriental themed products..

Tammy said...

I love the Asian influence too, I think its the red that appeals to me! Pretty ATC and fabulous collages!

Lynn McAuley said...

Masterful work with these sensational Oriental images, Danie!! What beauty!

Rossella said...

These are so lovely
Rosie x

Zella said...

WOW - I've never tried the Asian/oriental projects - but yours are amazing! And all those ATC's you've collected...wow!

dawnmercedes said...

What a super fun collection. Hmmmm, maybe I should work on one for you!!