Unity Friends with Flair and Color Throwdown

Hello everyone!  I was determined to get into my craft room for a while today, my back still isn't great, however yesterday was the first day in about three weeks that I sat up more than I lied down and went most of the day without taking any pain killers or using the Tens machine.  It has been the worst flair up of my Spondylitis since first being diagnosed with it in 2000.

Friday has always been my favorite day of the week, as it's also my hubby's day off so it's usually our day to do stuff together (alone) and then its Pizza and Movie Night with 'A' which has now become a family tradition since he has come into our lives.  Upon waking this morning I found out that one of my recent cards had won a challenge over at the Unity Be Inspired Challenge which means I am about to receive a fabulous prize filled with Unity Goodness and that one of the kits I designed for Altered Pages had sold.  So my Friday started off exceptionally well.  And what made it even better was I then had a couple of hours this morning to myself to craft - nobody at home but me! YEAH!!!!!!

Anyway back to my crafting.  I got ahead on some of my DT commitments due for August and then decided to make some cards just for fun and play along with a couple of challenges and link up to Unity's Friday Friends with Flair.





Stamps:  Unity Stamp Co
My Thoughts are with You and Miss You So Much Sentiment Sets, Generations Set Doily Stamps
Ink, Cardstock, Punches & Brads:  Stampin' Up
 Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Tempting Turquoise and Choc Chip.



The colors I used were inspired by the latest challenge over at the Color Throw Down Challenge Blog.  So I am entering these cards into this challenge too.

Anyway that's it from me today, I am off to start thinking about some dinner and supervise someone's homework.....I hope you all have a great weekend!

36 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

These cards are gorgeous, Danielle! I love the colour combinations.
You have my deepest sympathies about your spondylitis flareup - my husband has a similar condition & it is truly miserable when it gets bad. Gentle hugs!!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I am so glad you are starting to feel a little better Danie. You sure have had a time of it. Congratulations on your crafty fortune. Your cards are lovely too!

Julie Lee said...

Such pretty cards! Congratulations on your win! Thanks for stopping by my work bench and leaving a nice comment! Have a lovely weekend and enjoy that pizza! Julie Ann x

Lizzyc said...

These cards are really lovely, and I hope you feeling much better really soon!

Tammy said...

Congrats on both of your news! Wonderful cards and wonderful colors! Love the gorgeous image you used!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the colours on the cards,

Rachel said...

gorgeous cards. the design and colors are lovely. i hope you're feeling better soon *hugs*
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

MiamiKel said...

Wonderful, the colors are so bright and bold!

LauraEva said...

Congrats on your wins, girl! :)
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! oh, did I mention that these are gorgeous?? ;)

Karen (karey2005) said...

So, so pretty! Love the colors and all those doilies!

Linda said...

wow that paper is gorgeous! I love blod colors!

Gaylynn said...

Congrats Danie. These are beautiful doily designs. :)

Tracy said...

Woohooo congrats Danie!!
Glad to hear you are gettingbsome relief with your back...dreadful thing to be in so much pain.
Your card is gorrrgeous love the doilies!!
Big hugs
Tracy xxx

Julie Odil said...

Congrats on your wins and hope your back keeps improving. LOVE this card.

Kris B said...

So glad you had such a great day! Congrats on winning the Be Inspired Challenge!! Loved your card for that challenge and this card is fabulous too! Love the doily stamps! Can't wait to see what you create with your new Unity goodies! TFS

Pryn said...

Gorgeous cards! The color combination is fantastic!

Congratulations on your challenge win! Can't wait to see what you create with your awesome new stamps :)

Hope you are feeling better today! Sending out prayers and hugs!

Laurie said...

very pretty cards and congrats on the win, I hope you back is better soon, there is nothing worse than chronic pain, believe me I know, I have heel pain every day and it's not easy ...

Angeline Choo said...

I love what you've done with this doily stamp.. I need to go get mine out! Thanks for the inspiration.

Becky said...

Well congratulations... So happy for you.
This card is beautiful.

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

These are both absolutely gorgeous. Love the colour combinations and the big bold stamps.

Hugs Lisa xxxxx

p.s. good to have you back xxxxx

Kris said...

Love how you used the doilies to create these great cards.

Lynn McAuley said...

Stunning work with these overlayed doilies!! What gorgeous cards, Danie!

I pray your back continues to heal and you are soon feeling much better!

Scrapper Myra said...

Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the weekend. Thanks for sharing the card. Great inspiration.

Tameko said...

Both cards are beautiful. Hope that you have a wonderful week!

Rossella said...

Lovely cards and colours
Rosie x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Your doily card is just beautiful!

JPScraps said...

Beautiful card! I love the doilies...and the colors!

Lynn Put said...

These are lovely cards! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown!

jennifer mitten said...

Congrats! Love this card and those doilies!

Corrie said...

Beautiful card love how you used the doily stamps

Beejay said...

Love those doily stamps and their wonderful colors!

Stacey Schafer said...

cool background stamping! thanks for playing along at the CTD!

Craft Paper said...

I ma glad you are feeling better. I love the bright colors you used with those doily stamps. I really like those stamps!

Kristen said...

A very pretty card, love the doily look :)
xo, Kristina
pearlgateway.com

Zella said...

Dani, I love the color combos on your cards.....so pretty! Your cards are always amazing.

dawnmercedes said...

I think this is the 3rd company who has released doile stamps...wow! Great job with it! must be a new trend!