This month is all about turning Trash to Treasure at Unruly PaperArts


This month over at Unruly PaperArts is all about recycling.  Turning your Trash into something to Treasure.  I am not down to do an article this month but that didn't stop me from playing along with the theme.

I have been wanting to create some ATC Folders for some of my various collections and have the covers match the theme of my collections so I started creating covers for my Oriental Themed Cards.


I started with the covers of a Watercolor Paper Pad that I had used all the paper from.  And cut off a piece from the plastic front cover and heavy duty chipboard back cover big enough to house my ATC Sleeves.


I coated the Chipboard with Red Fluid Acrylic Paint.


The plastic front cover was coated with Gesso, than some red tissue paper, cherry blossom napkins and Red and Orange Fluid Acrylic.

Once my base for each cover was dry I added further detail with stencils and stamps along with a Chinese coin.


My covers and sleeves are held together using 3 hinged rings.



9 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

This is so rich and bright Danie It will make you smile every time you use it!

dawnmercedes said...

oooh, I love it!! you are so talented!

Lizzyc said...

That is brilliant creating.. love the oriental theme you have created.. looks wonderful!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a stunningly beautiful way to house your Oriental ATCs, Danie! It gives us a glimpse of the gorgeous work that lies within! Wish I could reach out and turn each and every page.

Mary Ann Potter said...

Love this! The oriental style is absolutely beautiful.

Craft Paper said...

Wow,this is gorgeous! I love the cherry blossoms.

Connie said...

I have always wanted to get into making these. You are so inspiring. Thank you.
Connie :)

Connie said...

I have always wanted to get into making these. You are so inspiring. Thank you.
Connie :)

Michele said...

gorgeous! xo