Planning, Painting and Packing

Hi Everyone!  I've been a bit quiet on here of late as I have been busy planning and preparing for for a number of upcoming events including the Unruly PaperArts Retreat, Packing to move house next week.  In between I have been spending some time in my studio playing with paint.  I have been enjoying creating on large canvases and large mixed media paper sheets and over the past weekend I had the opportunity to join a number of other highly creative ladies to play with paint, pastels and other mediums sharing ideas and techniques.

My latest work in progress



Here's a look at a couple of my recent creations including some from the weekend.

Butterflies in the Garden (Mixed Media)

In the Woods on a Rainy Day

Lighthouse Beach Close Up (Pan Pastels)

Waterlillies (Acrylic)

Clowning Around
 (ATC Traded for recent Art Athon at ATC's for All)

Halloween Mona
created for Mona Lisa Outtakes ATC Swap

Our theme this month over at Unruly PaperArts is called Chip off the Old Block and it is exploring the wonderful ways you can dress up and use chipboard and some other specialty papers in your work, so be sure to pop over and take a look.

5 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Super projects. Good luck with the move and also hope the retreat goes well, it sounds fun.

Lizzyc said...

It sounds like life is busy for you! All the best with moving! Wonderful creating too!

Salla said...

How nice that you've had time for this many projects recently, despite of the coming move and retreat! The top one, the work in progress caught my eye especially. I have the same hexie stencil and really love it. I hope to see later what becomes of it! I also had to read a few posts back to see the description of the Unruly retreat. I'm curious that way, enjoy reading about events I'd love to attend if I wasn't on the other side of the world. The location sounds perfect and I'm sure the retreat will be that, too! Good luck!

Lynn McAuley said...

I see you have been busy while you have been away, Danie! These are all gorgeous!! If I could sneak in and steal one, it would be that beautiful lighthouse scene!!

Best wishes with your move! That's a lot of work! I'm too old for that much work but will have to do it at least once more!

Craft Paper said...

Wow! Your ATCs are always amazing. Good luck with your move.