Witches, Pumpkins and Black Cats Too!

Witches, Pumpkins and Black Cats Too are just some of the images from Altered Pages I have today to share with you.


But today you are in for a treat as I also share my background technique. I know you'll find it kinda neat. Its one of my favorite ways to use up the off cuts and paper scraps that I always collect when creating my other projects.

Using PVA glue stick down paper scraps to a backing paper/cardstock.
Add a few drops of Orange Paint (I have used Deco Art Fluid Acrylics) and brayer over papers.
Using a Fluid Paint allows for the designs of the papers to easily show through.
Take a wet (with water) paint brush and ensure areas where papers meet and overlap are covered with paint.
Then dry with a heat gun.
Using black paint, add further detail with a stencil.  Allow a few seconds before taking your brayer and rubbing over stenciled design.  This gives my background a more distressed look.  Once more dry with a heat gun.

Your background is now ready to cut to size.  As already mentioned above I am using this to make some ATC's.
Once cut to size I used my Rusty Hinge Distress Ink to Ink the edges.

Because Halloween Eve is very near, I decided to use this theme but do not fear, as cute is the type of imagery I am using tonight, nothing too spooky to give you a fright.


Select, cut out and decide on the images you wish to use and their placement.
  The images I have used are all from Altered Pages Collage Sheets.

Stick down and add finishing touches such as other paper strips, words and embellishments
I have added a touch of DecoArt Metallic Lustre to these ATC's.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Halloween!


I am entering my displayed ATC's into the following challenges.

ATC Around the World - #10 Halloween
Try it On Tuesdays - #Lots of Layers
Tuesday Throwdown - #268 To Cute to Spook
Crafty Boots Challenge - #Autumn and Halloween
Where the HeART is - #2 Anything Goes/Use Stencils

9 comments:

chrissie said...

Really lovely eay to created the background and great images

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie cx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous ATCs, great design and images. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

I have so much scrap paper, I am going to try using some of it up using your technique, what a great idea.

Dionne

Mrs Beez said...

Great set of ATCs and loved seeing how you created the backgrounds, so clever. Thanks for sharing and for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Kartenstempeltina said...

Genau meine Farbe, Super gemacht und toll zu sehen wie du mit den tollen verschiedenen Papieren arbeitest, Super sehen sie aus, jedes ist dir einfach klasse gelungen, danke dir für deine Teilnahme bei ATC around the World, liebe grüsse Bettina

sirkkis said...

Gorgeous background layering. Love your fantastic ATCs. Thank you for playing along with us at TioT.

Anonymous said...

Wow was für ein grandioses ATC. Ich bin begeistert
Hab lieben Dank für’s mitmachen bei ATC Around the World
Liebe Halloweengrüße
Vanessa

Lynn McAuley said...

Such awesome backgrounds you have created for these stunning Halloween ATCs, Danie! I love the color wash over the glued together scraps. What a great way to make all those colors and patterns work together!! Sensational vintage images!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful creations!! Love the background you have created! Thanks for sharing with us at Where The Heart Is. Hope to see you again.
-Berina
Moxie Craftie
Where The HeART Is DT

Craft Paper said...

Gorgeous backgrounds. Perfect for these vintage images. Your ATCs are perfect for Halloween.