A little bit of Art to Start the New Year!

Hi Everyone!  Happy New Year, it's been a bit quiet on here of late, 2015 really was a year that heralded lots of change for me personally and so my art has been a bit on the back burner.  Following illness and two surgeries, and moving house, at the end of last year I rejoined the workforce, helping out two afternoons a week, at my local Naturopath and around the same time I also commenced studying Crystal Healing.  

My creative mojo has been on a bit of a holiday but keeps popping in for a short visit........so I thought I'd share a little bit of the art I have managed to create with you today.

My most recent project has been a Valentine's Day Card using some of my Gelli Print Backgrounds. You can view the full process and the finished card over on the Altered Pages Blog.

Love Inspired Gelli Print
 
Thinking ideas through

Earlier this month I played with Paint and Paper just for fun and created a elephant canvas which was inspired by one of my Christmas Presents - Elephant Cushion Covers.

This is still a bit of a work in progress.


I also created a couple of ATC's for a Feather Swap





And at the end of December and Start of January  I participated in the Woman Unleashed Online Retreat.

This was quite a empowering journey, with a lot of meditation, reflection and lots of art journal play.






My fortnightly crafting groups starts back next week at Time to Create so hopefully this will get me a bit more in creative mode and I can share a bit more regularly on the blog in the weeks to come.   Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Wishing u a great 2016 then, with plenty of crafting. Your craft group might help the mojo.

Lynn McAuley said...

So delightful to see some of your glorious creations today, Danie!! Beautiful, beautiful work!!

Craft Paper said...

Beautiful pieces. I love the elephant. Happy 2016!