Scrap Lounge Cybercrop and a TUIC Challenge Card

This weekend is time for the ScrapLounge Cybercrop where the theme is Summer Lovin' chosen in order to help chase away some of the winter blues here in Australia.

My challenge that I set all the ladies was to design two Summer Themed Cards using images or things you would find/see at the beach.  The other criteria is that your card base has to be a neutral colour but not White, Black or Cream.  So Kraft, Sand or colours of bone or light browns would be appropriate and somewhere on your card there had to be the colour blue.

This is one of my card examples for this Cybercrop Challenge. 



I also made this one with one of this month's TUIC Challenges in mind.  Lynn over at Confessions of a Left Brained Stamper  has set us all a challenge to incorporate torn paper somewhere on our design.  My card was inspired by one of her creations where she uses the torn paper to look like water at the beach.

The beautiful seashells are from the Darkroom Door Seashells Stamp Set and the Sentiment is from the Darkroom Door Seaside Volume One Set.  I have used Kraft as my cardbase, 2 shades of Stampin' Up Blue Cardstock, Natural Netting Ribbon and have stamped my images with Sepia Archival Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.

So if you are looking for some inspiration or a challenge this weekend, why not checkout the ScrapLounge or visit Lynn's blog - Confessions of a Left Brained Stamper.  I'd love for you to join in the fun and I am sure you will not be dissapointed by what you find.


6 comments:

Shazz said...

I love your cards that you have designed Danie but I especially like the "pebble" quote.

Becky said...

What a wonderful card Danie..Love the design.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Very summer Danielle.Don't the brown and blue look great together.

Tammy said...

Great summertime card, love the blue/brown.

Lone Pine Designs said...

The torn paper is perfect on this summery design!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this awesome beauty, Danie!! Gorgeous sea shells and amazing sentiment in this fabulous torn paper design!! Thank you so much for sharing it in the TUIC challenge!!!