A Spring/Easter Canvas Board Photo Project

Hi Everyone!  I'm back again today after a bit of a play with a new embossing folder and some ink.  My project started with the fact that I needed to make an OTP project for the Aussie Crafters Group with Easter in mind.  Easter is pretty much just sharing the love for chocolate and we don't usually send cards or craft too much for it in our house.


So anyhow I had some vintage collage images left over from a Altered Pages Collage Sheet so I decided to take one of these (this image is really suitable for either Easter or Spring) and my new Anna Griffin Embossing Folder and make a frame which I then decided could become a photo frame mounted on a canvas board either ready to hang or use as a front cover of mini album/journal.


So firstly I embossed a card-front size piece of card-stock with the embossing folder on cream cardstock.  I then sprayed the canvas board using Green toned Flat Fabio and Starburst Sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang.  I pressed my embossed card onto this to sop up any excess spray which as you can see only took to the raised detail.  I also added a touch of DecoArt Iced Expresso Metallic Lustre and some Copper Brillance Ink to this.

Once the Canvas Board was dry I used the same Brillance Ink and the small ivy vine stamp from Altered Pages to stamp around the edge of the board.  I used foam mounting tape to stick down my frame leaving the top end open so a photo can be inserted.  I didn't want to overly embellish this piece so that it remained fairly flat (easier to dust if turned into a wall hanging) so I simply finished by adding my collage image and the word happiness stamped onto a small strip of cardstock in Gray.

If you are an Australian Crafter we'd love to have you join the Aussie Crafters Group.


6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow your frame looks amazing.. love the textures..

Becky said...

wow Danie, this is just stunning! I love that frame and love those eggs.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this amazing spring beauty, Danie! What a remarkable frame!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful frame, Danie. Lovely colors!!

Craft Paper said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful color and I love the images in the bottom corner.

Michele said...

i adore this, so much beautiful color and a charming design. xo