Love Lives Here - A Sweetheart Fairy Shrine

Over in the Unruly PaperArts Facebook Group our members are always sharing their wonderful art and for many months now I have been enjoying and admiring the wonderful collage and assemblage work of Diana D Darden and was inspired to buy and create my very own SweetHeart Fairy Shrine.


The Fairies are available from the Retro Art Cafe and are a pre-cut Masonite kit which you simply need to assemble and decorate as desired.  So for this project I decided to put my DecoArt Mixed Media Products through their paces.

I wanted this fairy to be a center piece of my spiritual altar/meditation space and a reminder that love - the giving of love and receiving of love is the main ingredient to being happy.  As the saying goes - Do All Things with Love.  So I started by painting her Green (color of heart chakra) with Veridian Fluid Acrylic from DecoArt.  I then decorated her body and wings with a scrap piece from a Gelli Print and her main body (the heart) with a piece I created using stencils and my Pan Pastels.  Again all the colors of my chosen papers were predominately green.

I also purchased from Retro Art Cafe the collage heads and I chose one that was rather Angelic Looking.  To the Wings I then added some English Red Oxide DecoArt Antiquing Cream.  All around my edges and sides I used the Iced Expresso Metallic Lustre also from DecoArt.

A Black Posca Paint Pen added some outlines and definition to her and to finish the body I embellished further with a heart covered with Red Kindy Glitz, Words cut from a Postcard, a strip of small clear gemstones and a red rose.


The finishing touch was to add a small house image (cut from a scrap piece of Echo Park Paper) to the shrine cavity and embed it under a glass like finish using DecoArt Liquid Glass.


5 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful Danielle!

Julie Lee said...

I think this is really beautiful, Danie. I love RCAG products, but the postage from the US to the UK is always so high that I have to save up for their lovely things.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your fairy shrine is love Danie! The colour combination sings!

Mary Ann Potter said...

This is so cool, so unique. I did a little beach shrine a few years ago. It just may be time to do another.

Michele said...

stunningly beautiful! you nailed it! i'm also a diana darden fan! xo