Under the Sea Chunky Page Swap at Aussie Crafters


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Today I am sharing a Chunky Page I have created as Inspiration for the Aussie Crafters Group for their upcoming Under the Sea Chunky Page Swap.


Participants in the swap are asked to make 7 - 9 identical pages with both sides decorated to an under the sea theme on thick cardboard such as chipboard.  The Page size is 10 x 15 cm with a landscape orientation.

I actually had my background piece premade from a previous play with some paint and spray inks, stencils and stamps.  I did however add some further metallic paint around the edges after I stuck this to my chipboard base.

It may be a bit hard to tell from the photo but my sand base is actually rough - created using some Paper Artsy Grunge Paste and a Orange Colored Pan Pastel which both were applied with my finger and then allowed to dry.

The mermaid stamp, netting, shells and dew drops were all items that were included in the Mail Box Muse Kit - Mermaids.  I also used some Hampton Arts and Darkroom Door Stamps to add the star fish, shell and seaweed.

My mermaid was very simply colored with my Memento Markers and a skin colored Watercolor Pencil.  She was cut out and mounted on some foam dots.  

So if you are an Aussie Crafter and looking for a fun swap be sure to head over to Facebook and check out this wonderful crafting group and swap.

6 comments:

Jan said...

This is fab xx Jan

Sharon said...

Danie this is fantastic - love the sea theme and all the great elements you have added to the page!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this awesome under-the-sea scene, Danie! How beautiful!

Michele said...

Danie this is so GREAT! so much imagery and dimension. and "under the sea" is a favorite theme for me. what a cool project and swap! xo

Becky said...

Fabulous water scene Danie..

MiamiKel said...

Wow, this is amazing art work, Danie! I love the vibrant colors and the sweet mermaid - she's a vision. The elements that you've used really bring your card to the forefront! Lovely work :)
My oldest dd loved mermaids as a girl and still has them all over her room - we are cute that way as girls, aren't we! :)